Thursday 9 March 2017

48 Hours in Hyderabad

Every night while unlocking the doorknob of my house, I wish I had landed up in some fantasy world far away from this throbbing chaotic habitat and before I made a plan for a stress-free trip during my weekends, the days’ flew like a tornado. But I had decided that what may come, I will surely make a trip and that was when I had decided to visit the city of Nawabs, the beautiful land of pearls and the aromatic air of food, the Hyderabad. The distance from Bangalore- Hyderabad is just 581kms which will be around 8 hours of travel by bus and with this calculation, I logged onto ticketgoose.com, my favorite online bus ticketing platform and booked a sleeper coach in Kallada Travels. Though there are travel operators like MeghanaSRSKaleshwari, KPN and National Travels running across these two cities, my preference was Kallada.
I reached Hyderabad at 8 in the morning with no delay in my travel. I had already confirmed my hotel bookings at Grand Palace which is just 1.5kms from Charminar as it was my first place to visit in my travel bucket. Charminar as the name suggests four minarets, yes; there are minarets of granite and limestone at the four cardinal corners of the monument with balconies on either side. It’s an iconic artifact to visit as it reflects the Indo-Islamic architecture. After sight-seeing this monument, I headed to Golconda that is around 8kms from Charminar. Golconda is one of the India’s most magnificent forts that boast of the Mughal style of architecture. Though this fort now remains in ruins, its majestic can be adored even today.
My visit was not tiring but I had to taste the famous cuisine of Hyderabad- Biryani. I ate biryani in Paradise Hotel. It was so appealing that I wasn’t able to stop with one. After a heavy bumpy lunch, my next stop was the bazaar where you will get to see varied kinds of bangles and accessories. My hands were full and I thought it’s high time that I return to my hotel and came to my room at 9 PM.
Fresh morning, a new start is what I always foresee. With this thought, I headed to Iskcon Temple, a shrine dedicated to the Hindu deity Lord Krishna where I spent more than an hour in listening to bhajans and prayers. My next destination was Husain Sagar Lake, an oasis in the heart of Hyderabad. It is a man-made where the white carved statue of Buddha rests in the center and you can see it glowing on a full moon night. This place is famous for boating and along its fringe is the Birla Mandir.
By the time I had completed these two spots, it was 3 PM and finally closed my trip by having a delicious vegetarian meal in chutneys.
What are you still thinking about? Visit ticketgoose.com and make your bookings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Tips on How to Not Miss the Bus

India is a nation loaded with sensational scenes, beautiful vistas, delicious nourishment, and brave exercises. Here is a rundown of spot...